Thursday, April 24, 2014

He lives! The Easter Pageant was Spectacular

Easter was very special this year because of the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant. It brought thousands and thousands of people to Mesa to watch a synopsis of the Life of Christ. This pageant brought His life to life! You can watch a short video on my Facebook page.

We met many wonderful people that came in the Visitor's Center each night. Many want to learn more about the church. Many members commented that their testimonies of Jesus Christ, his life, and the scriptures that speak of him, were strengthened. The pageant impacts many as they remember the Savior and His Atonement, thus making the season more meaningful.

The first night we watched it all the way through it took my breath away, when Jesus Christ rose above the stage. They had been singing "He lives" and then, "I Know that my Redeemer Lives". I got chills. The spirit spoke to my heart. I also testify, He lives and loves us all more than we will ever know! Because of Him we have countless blessings. We can repent, be forgiven, live together forever with our families, serve and love others as He did. We can have peace, and hope as we believe in Him and Our Father. I know the scriptures that testify of Him are true. Watch the video on LDS.org "Because of Him". It has been trending around Facebook and has added to the Easter Season! We adore Him, we rejoice in Him, we teach and testify of Him. We feel blessed to be able to be an instrument in the Lords' hands along with the other missionaries to bring these truths to our many visitors!


Our group picture reminding us all of this unforgettable experience in the visitors center



A silly one for posterity! Richard and I were watching everyone else and forgot to do something funny?

A new lamb (11 weeks old) in the pageant. It seemed like the lambs were always right on cue.
Some cast members

Sister Tingey and Ricks, having some fun with the cast

Sisters Tingey, Ricks, Brown and Orr, are powerful missionaries.
They took those weapons away from the Roman soldier. 

That Roman soldier is no match for the testimony of the Book of Mormon.
Hermana Luna, Leon, Alcocer, Jeppson, Mayorca, and Hourrutiner, Sister
Avanesjan and Younce, showed him! The word of God is mightier than the sword.

Hermanas Mayorca, Luna, Whitten and Rios met up with Pilate and a sister

Last night of pageant picture. We should have opened the drape.
Everyone worked very hard and now the work ahead is to contact
all those that want to learn more! What a blessing.





Down it comes!

The chairs are gone and the groundskeepers are working on the lawn now to get it restored.



I wanted to add this true story. 

Connie and Aerian Rainwater
Be Nice to My Jesus
"Be nice to my Jesus".  A simple yet profound outburst from a tiny 27 month old girl.  My granddaughter, Aerian, and I were sitting on the Mesa Arizona temple grounds, and I wondered if she was getting anything out of the pageant.  It was the mob scene where Judas betrays Christ.  Lights were dim and the mob was shouting "crucify Him, crucify Him."  Christ was being whipped and beaten.  In the midst of the noise of the scene I heard the simple proclamation of love and understanding.  "Be nice to my Jesus."  Aerian was on her feet yelling at the mob to be "nice to her Jesus."
It was her third year for my granddaughter to attend the pageant.  It had been many more than that for me.  The year is now 2014.  The Mesa Arizona Easter Pageant has blessed me with more than 50 years of personal and family tradition.  This is my 15th year as a member of the cast.
The 27 month old girl, Aerian, is now 13 years old.  It is her 9th year in the pageant.  Aerian was 4 years old the first time we auditioned.  She is a beautiful young woman whose testimony has been strengthened as she continues to be part of our rich family tradition of the Mesa Easter Pageant. 
Each year we choose a plan of action to invite others to attend the pageant.  It is our hearts' desire for all to know of and feel our Savior's love.
May we all have the faith and love of a toddler and recognize, He is "My Jesus."

By Connie Rainwater, Mesa Arizona







No comments:

Post a Comment